Saturday, October 4, 2014

Filling My Toolbox...................

While preparing handouts and thoughts for upcoming talks I am giving... here comes the plug wink, wink: at Cumberland Library on Thursday October 16th at 6:30  and Weaver Library in East Providence Monday, October 27th at 6:30 ............

I got to thinking a lot about my "toolbox" of  ideas I have created to ease stress, calm the static that creeps in and how it all prepares me to handle situations as they come my way. In my gathering and sorting I've decided to share one of the lists with you Dear Readers, in the hopes that the tips may offer even the slightest of calm and or enjoyment to your day!

Sample Of Ideas To Add To Your Day

What: Connect With Your Life
Why: Because you & everyone you come in contact with will benefit 
When: Each and every day
Where: Wherever you feel like it                   
How:  Begin by acknowledging that you deserve to take time and reconnect. The results will benefit both you & the people in your Life!

* Before you lift your head off the pillow each morning, literally smile and commit to the thought that you will find or create special moments in the day.  Habit will set in and the doubts will turn to beliefs

* Dance! Find a song that makes you want to move and just do it. The silly awkward feeling will pass, endorphins kick in and you realize it’s fun! (Little teaser: I'll share my "got to" song at my talks)

* Smile:  while driving ~ while shopping ~ when feeling stressed

* S.O.S = Something Of Substance  ~ Make time to do a little something that brings you joy. Expression Book ~  Cup of tea ~ Call a friend ~ Paint  ~ Color ~ Play ~ teach yourself to play the piano…..whatever feels like a treat to you! 

* Give a piece of your time to others. Volunteering to a cause that is passionate to you helps fill your soul and feel connected. 

* See the good in people and assume the positive before the negative. They don’t know what you are going through, nor do you know what they are.
   
* Read books that motivate, inspire and encourage positive thoughts 
   
* Have a “go to tribe”  Surround yourself with people who motivate, support and encourage you!

* Each night write down a handful of things you are grateful for from your day. You will begin to see that you notice so many more things that you just passed by previously. A giggle, a crocus, a song, someone smiling at you, a lighter heart, a tender moment….a memory in the making !


So start filling up your toolbox with ideas you gather along the way, and see how you can start to feel the benefits!

Each of my Connect With Your Life talks will be an informal gathering that will include tips, techniques, stories of my journey and much more....there's even bubbles...no joke! 

Hope you can think about joining me on either October 16th or 27th. The links above for each library provide more of a description (once you scroll down to the appropriate date) Registration is requested but not required

Hope to see you there ~

As always, I welcome your emails at mhplus2@msn.com

No comments: