Sunday, August 18, 2013

My Happy Place........


My Happy Place
So, I sat to write twice in the last week and nothing came out. Hmmmm...I try to dissect the cause and still nothing. Can I be out of thoughts, out of stories, out of my mind....I think not! (Good Lord above me, I hope not)

Perhaps I've thought too much recently, over analyzing, decoding and trying to make sense of it all. So now I stop and swoosh my mind is at ease. It's as if I have released the elastic and the pressure subsides. There is such wisdom in "knowing thyself." 

Then I have to wonder (without overtaxing my mind) why do we create pressure that doesn't need to be there? I can't be the only one, right? Some pressures we can reduce, however some are much more difficult to subside. For this week, I will put them into categories. As the stresses, conflicts and/or annoying people aggravate me, I will decide how worthy the situation is of my getting bothered by it. Perhaps some will be avoided all together. 

I will adjust how I look at it, I will let me mind go to my happy place and I will carry on....hopefully with less pressure and a happy heart. 

Where is your happy place? Make sure it is real nearby, you just may need it.

No comments: