Wednesday, April 24, 2013

26.2 Acts of Kindness...work in progress

Chocolate cake for doctor's office staff
Greetings All,

As promised, in today's post I will share the Acts of Kindness that have been taking place in my little part of the world.

AOK # 1 Smiley notes in with bills I was paying over the weekend. Makes me smile thinking about workers finding them as they process the payments.

AOK #2 Yesterday was an early morning doctor's appointment,  I stopped at the bakery and picked up a chocolate pound cake for the office staff. The receptionist beamed because it was her first day back to work after maternity leave and she was feeling blue.

AOK #3 (this one I observed) Patron, who is a teacher, came into the library and paid off the overdue balance of one of her student's.

AOK # 4 While at the market (where you bring your own bags or pay for them) I offered the women next to me, additional bags because she had run out. (this was a tiny one so I think I will call it the .2)

Someone said to me  "Acts of Kindness should not be broadcast, it's as if you are bragging." My reasons differ. I choose to share them in the hope to inspire and encourage others to perform one themselves, as we all strive to make the world a brighter place.

For me, they are serving as a reminder of the tragedy that took place in Boston....and that there is a lot more good in the world than bad.

Please email me with an AOK you have done or observed, so that I may include it in our list to encourage others.  I don't have to use your name, if you rather.

Kindness has no time limit, so join in & Together We Can Do 26.2! 

No comments: