Wednesday, November 21, 2012

You've Got a Match.........

"If you light a lamp for someone, it will brighten your own path." ~The Buddha

Frequently when I find a quote it goes to the top of my mental list, if it strikes a chord with me. Whether it be something I do already...or something I aspire to incorporate into my Life. It either validates or inspires, either way I cherish it. 

When I found this particular quote, I knew I wanted to share it on my blog to kick off the Holiday Season!!!!


Now more than ever is a great time to light a lamp of those around us. For a simple starter, take a split second to say a Cheerful Hello to some one you pass in a parking lot, or in a store. It takes so little effort and the reward is so big.  It feels a bit out of the box...which I like! While walking to my car today, I smiled and said "Hello" to a women passing me. She looked up and said "Oh hello, Happy Thanksgiving!"


I've got say it felt very small town Norman Rockwell. We each smiled and went on our way. I really liked it and it caused me to do it even more on my next stop. Rewards were just as good as the first.


So go ahead and make a conscious effort to look up and light some one's lamp with your words and smile. It comes right back around and does indeed light your own path. 


Let me take another moment to share/plug my plan of Smiles and Stars on December 1st at Emerald Mall! Meeting at 9:30 ~ Get in touch with me if you are able to join in. Additional info at http://morethanmomthoughts.blogspot.com/2012/11/smile-starssave-date.html


This outing provides a hands on opportunity to brighten some one's day...in a very fun and simple way!

No comments: