Monday, September 3, 2012

One In A Million.....A Love Story


With our family and friends around us, my husband of three and a half hours held me in his arms, in a way that made me feel so protected and safe. We danced to our very special song...all was right in my world!  I was confident and certain I knew it all...or so I thought at the time. Looking back there was so much I did not know on my wedding day.

As we approach our twenty third wedding anniversary next weekend, I reflect on what I have learned since that special day so long ago.  


In the kitchen department, I learned pure lemon juice is not a marinade for chicken, and that keeping a full sugar bowl on the top ledge of the stove is a little tippsie and not a great idea. (especially when you are taking pizza out of the oven) Oh and I also learned that typically turkey is cooked breast side up....who knew?!

With the birth of our sons, I learned you have to super focus through the blur of happy tears to see their beautiful faces that first moment they are placed in your arms. I learned of a tenderness for these precious beings, that I never knew existed. 

Over the years, I have learned that love can strengthen in a marriage as a result of the ups and downs that come along the way.....and being "in it" together. That a closeness develops over those times,  and truly bonds. I have learned that compromise, listening and respect are key ingredients in making that love grow. We thought we were so in love when we got married...and we were.....it was just a different kind of love. I also found out how amazing it feels to know that someone believes in me so strongly, and supports me in all of my endeavors. I am Blessed !

The list could go on and on, because every day I feel there is something new I could add.

I think back to that first dance, as we whispered the words of our song to each other and know in my heart that they still hold true today.....because Mark, you are my....One In A Million!

3 comments:

Bunny said...

Aaaah, to have been blessed with our "one in a million". Who could ask for more, right? Thank you for your comment at my blog...I'm glad it's brought me to yours. I'll be back. :-)

Lea said...

That is a very sweet post. I, too, have been blessed with a "one in a million". We just celebrated our anniversary last September 3. Our relationship is truly a blessing. :)

Maria Holme said...

Thanks for stopping by Bunny & Lea I sure do appreciate it. I've bookmarked both of your blogs and look forward to reading more. Cheers!