Thursday, January 12, 2012

Ode To Joy......................

"The greater the level of calmness of our mind, the greater our peace of mind, the greater our ability to enjoy a happy and joyful life".   ~ Dalai Lama

I know this to be true and it is something I strive/work for in my daily Life (I just feel Life deserves a capital "L"). It doesn't just happen...nothing worth having rarely does. I must say I think calmness can be learned or at least something that gains momentum the more I practice it. 

With my belief that calmness fosters calmness, I participate in guided meditation, seek out things to read that create serenity for me and encourage my thinking to lean on the side of peacefulness. 

I have established a mental checklist of sorts...... is this situation worth the energy I am giving it right now? Will it matter tomorrow? Could it be looked at differently and from someone else's point of view? (remember I have teenagers) Not that I have to understand theirs, but acknowledging there are other ways of thinking of things besides mine (hard to imagine but true...heehee) is very enlightening.

So having these tools in my arsenal provide a safety net for me when things start to go a little haywire....and goodness knows they do. I must say though, those turbulent times are further apart as I incorporate the above strategies into my way of living. 

Warms my heart when I think about this journey I am on, and yes! I am enjoying my happy and joyful Life!

No comments: