Thursday, January 5, 2012

I Do...........

Optimism is a strategy for making a better future. Because unless you believe that the future can be better, you are unlikely to step up and take responsibility for making it so. Noam Chomsky

After reading this quote in my email this morning, I realized it speaks to my own beliefs. For me optimism and hope are often interchangeable in my mind. With each day as I awaken I do a mental check list of what the hours ahead hold for me. Throughout the process is an energy of the unknown and the possibilities that are open to me. I like that !

I am so aware that I must take charge of the path I want my Life to go on. I believe this is made up of tiny gestures, moments and choices I make.  And quite often it is my lifeline when things are going less than wonderful. I dig up the optimism and hopeful thoughts that have drifted from the front of my mind and I continue on my journey.

I share this reminder of optimism and hope with you because I know at times the overwhelming and almost choking feelings that can over take us feel like they won't be leaving anytime soon.

We must remember within us ARE the answers. How far we have to dig to find them, well that varies from day to day. (ok even minute by minute for me sometimes).

As I say to my boys "Believe in You .......I do" !

No comments: