Thursday, November 17, 2011

How Grateful I am...................

"Feeling grateful towards someone or something in your life actually attracts more of the things you appreciate and value into your life" Christaine Northrup

As we get closer to Thanksgiving my thoughts continue to focus on being grateful. The realization has occurred to me that perhaps we are not "given" more to be grateful for once we begin acknowledging, but rather, we become more aware and attune to all that we already have. Kind of like when you get a new car, you start noticing more of the same kind of car on the road.

We can't take for granted what we have or we will not see all that is right in front of us!


Now don't get me wrong....some days, or parts of them anyway are not so rosy and it's hard to feel grateful. When feeling frustrated or overwhelmed and struggling I've been known to go for the "well I'm grateful that my two feet are on the ground and I'm upright". Goodness knows that's a pretty darn important one right there!


Then when feeling less grumbly it becomes clear once again the blessings I have before me each and every day and that undoubtedly would be my loving family.....Think I'll hug them just a little bit longer tonight.

No comments: