Thursday, October 31, 2013

November Pledge..............

It's here...cozy weather! Mulled cider, pumpkin bread, furry slipper socks, fire in the fire place, curling up with a book, someone to cuddle and instrumental music, it all brings me comfort! It doesn't just happen. We need to make the time & effort to see to it that it does.

November is the month of giving thanks, that's for sure! So in keeping with that I've decided to put a spin on it for myself this year, and invite you Dear Readers to join in. Traditionally, I reflect on my Blessings that I am thankful for. I am certainly feeling grateful for many Blessings, but in addition, this year I want to create things that once I reflect back on them, I will be thankful I DID them!

To kick things off, I sat down and wrote a note to a friend, that I have not seen in a long time. Sure I could have emailed, text, or FB messaged, but I wanted to have an experience, for both of us. So with a Sweet Dreams cup of tea by my side, meditation music playing on the Bose, (no sound like it) I put pen to paper and shared my thoughts.


It was a relaxing time that felt a touch of "Little Women", writing in front of the warmth of the fireplace. It was something I slowed down to do and enjoy. As I completed the letter and put it in the envelope, I pictured her finding this little surprise in her mailbox and the smile it would bring to her day....I know it certainly brought one to mine.


No comments: