Sunday, June 16, 2013

Teach Them Well.........


I remember growing up my parents had a photo from a magazine, pinned on the back of the kitchen door.  The caption read "the best thing a father can do for his children is to love their mother." I translated it as best I could as a child, but now, as an adult and a mother, it's message rings true.


I am blessed to have the love of a man that brings to my Life the meaning of that caption each and every day. 

While out to dinner today to celebrate Father's Day, our 16 year old son raised his glass and said "to the best Dad, husband and teacher."  When my husband asked something he had taught the boys, my son replied "how to be a Dad." I loved it! 

In my husband I see the strength and love he shows me, while providing the same for our sons. He has mastered the juggle of both which plays a pivotal role in our family.

I agree with my son, he has taught them how to be a Dad and I must add he has also taught them how to be an awesome husband!

Happy Father's Day shout out to all the awesome Dads out there who teach their sons......how to be the Best Husbands & Dads!

No comments: