Saturday, March 23, 2013

Encouraging Jumping..........



Previously in my blog posts I have referred to "jumping in without my floaties." Describing times of something new, something overwhelming or something that is totally out of my comfort zone. For me  my "Connect With Your Life" public speaking talk this past week was that exact scenario. Bit of a racing heart...questioning many outcomes.....tossing around "what the heck am I doing?".....and jumping in just the same. Well, I just have to offer this piece of advice...GO FOR IT! The scary, overwhelming, questionable moments are so worth the outcome of what you are left with.....a sense of accomplishment!

Taking the chance provides such insight and reassurance of what you are capable of. Now I'm not saying it always happens with the greatest of ease or without glitches...but just remember, it's the bigger picture that holds value and rings true in the end....you believing in you!

Today dear readers, I encourage you to give some thought to selecting your own goal...your own "jumping in without your floaties" moment. Organize your thoughts...see what you need to do to, make it happen...and GO FOR IT! Over thinking, excessive questioning, and avoidance because of fear can have its own place. However, for today store them on a shelf....climb the steps....get on that board.......and jump!

Illustration courtesy of 
http://www.lovethywall.com/parisienne-mer-1926-la-vie-parisienne-print-leonnec.html

No comments: