Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thank You Padre..................

"Be content to progress in slow steps until you have legs to run and wings in which to fly"....Padre Pio

Really wish I had read this quote earlier in the day. Driving home from errands this morning I was exhausted. Having recently had a cold that felt like my nose had been replaced with a brick...I had things I needed to do. The empty fridge was a good clue that marketing was a must for today. I was discouraged on my ride back because I wanted to feel "peppy" and keep going with things on my "to do" list.

So now I sit and ponder this thought of being content with my tired, sluggish body. I look for the good and realize.... why am I putting a deadline on how quickly I should feel strong and back to 100% ?? ......Think I feel myself perking up already!


We need to do away with this self imposed pressure/expectations, that have no redeeming qualities. In fact I think this pressure causes more harm than good and tilts the balance of life.

Quite honestly the "good" is the realization that life is ever changing and the easier I roll with it, the sweeter the ride will be! So now I curl up with a book and a cup of tea and take care of me....knowing there is food in the fridge.

1 comment:

L said...

love it Maria! This is my favorite part of that post:

"We need to do away with this self imposed pressure/expectations, that have no redeeming qualities."

YES!

I am reading The Help and find it ironic considering my current line of work.

Taking care of me, too!