Sunday, March 17, 2013

My Hall Pass......

Hello Dear Readers,

Sunday evening is upon me, and I'm not going to kid you, my thoughts are scattered and my mind is unfocused. Not ideal timing when I have a blog post to write. So let's just cut to the chase and call it like it is.....we can't do everything all the time......We all need a break sometimes! 

But the thing is this: Knowing when to let go, modify the expectation/commitment and not consider it a dud, is the best remedy ever!! We teach our kids to "Just Say No" to drugs, strangers and peer pressure and for them not to feel guilty, because ultimately it is what is best for them that matters! 

Ah Hello?? That can't be just for kids! So I am initiating the adult version of  "Just Say No". When we need to, we can "Say No" to PTO cupcakes, fundraisers, attending charity events,  joining committees, running back out to the store for chemistry project supplies, whatever is tipping our scales of sanity.

Let's be in this together.  If we agree to not pass judgement and let each of us "Just Say No" when it becomes too much...the implied pressure will dissolve and we can use that hall pass to recharge and clear our minds......that way we can jump back in at the next rodeo...and keep on going!

So for tonight this is my More Than Mom Thoughts post....I am going to curl up in my jammies with a cup of lemon tea, a book and recharge...with no guilt..so I can be back on the horse by Wednesday's post!

Cheers and Be Well ~  


No comments: