Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Garland and Wreaths and Bows...Oh My............


Let me just start by saying Holy Mother Of Moly! My computer has been giving me grief! I've had the blog post below in stand by since the weekend. Not able to post it due to computer glitches. Pardon the white background another of the glitches. I've decided to hold off figuring that out, because it could delay the submitting process. In fact it's growing on me a little. So here goes!
                                                                                           *******************
It happened last Thursday, October 30th! While out on errands I was hit once again with the realization that retail stores rush the Holidays in hopes of making more and more money. There to my left, while stopped at a red light I saw the green garland, large wreath and many red bows! 

Good~Ness! Cardi's Furniture what are you thinking??? I continued on my way and had a revelation that turned the perception of the too early decorations around for me.

Here's where my thoughts went......Seeing the Christmas decorations reminded me yes in fact the Holidays are approaching....BUT the real eye opener was, it's still early enough to strategize a plan that includes special moments, Holmemade gesture gifts, heartfelt handwritten letters, and special plans of festive visiting with family and friends.


Truth is.....Life gets hectic and the days pass quickly. Suddenly the Holidays are upon us and we feel like we are running out of time. We vow to start earlier next year......well guess what??? Next year is here and it's earlier! This year Dear Readers we will have time.


Over the next several posts I will share my thoughts for sentimental, genuine, holiday ideas, that will brighten the days of others, slow down the hamster wheel stress inducing days and eliminate that feeling of not being ready.


My first recommendation is: Start a notebook!

Give some thought as to what you want your Holiday experience to be overall.
Is it less retail/commercial and more genuine, sentimental, memory making moments with family and friends? Incorporating Acts Of Kindness to surprise others may be a great treat the whole family can join in on. 

Would you like to get cards out earlier this year, or perhaps forgo them all together and call those special people in your Life that you don't get to see too often.


Make a list and check it twice, of all you want to make happen and then realistically look at it again and edit where you see fit. Don't set yourself up for overload, if part of your vision is to have relaxing, reduced stress Holidays, don't take on building gingerbread houses for the whole neighborhood! Really c'mon now.


Once you define what the Holidays really look like,  and now that you have time, you are on your way to making it happen!

Make your Holidays special and start by following your heart!

No comments: