Sunday, September 30, 2012

The Duke......

I believe each day is made up of Goodness, Gifts and Gratitude.....and it is up to us to see them, appreciate them and live as if we won't have them tomorrow.

This thought of the 3 G's came to me this week, as I was standing on my front porch waving bye to my Dad, who had stopped by to borrow a book. He strategically ambled to his car with a precise shuffle and a look of determination. As he backed the car out of the driveway and drove by, I was reminded of how truly blessed I am to have this amazing man in my Life. My mind drifted to how easily we can get caught up into the day to day chaos and we forget to acknowledge our genuine blessings.

How rich our lives can be, when we live as though tomorrow may not come.......It causes me to take a breath and acknowledge/appreciate the enormous gifts in my Life.  

Together, let's make a conscious effort to put our time and energy toward things that add value to our lives and as a result, to the lives of others. Let's go ahead and daily (before they slip our mind) make a  list of relationships, situations and moments that were part of our day, that we are grateful for.....my experience has been....."the more I see and appreciate...the more there is to BE seen and appreciated!"  Awesome how that works!  

So this has been just another little piece of me....shared with you.... inspired by my Amazing Dad!

No comments: