Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Smiling On The Inside........


Cleaning, organizing, tossing and simplifying have been on my "to do" list for a bit now. And pretty much the key word in THAT sentence is "bit"....meaning, I've only been doing it a little "bit" at a time!

Hey it's about the end result, not how I got there....Right?? Well, my recent cleaning venture took me to this playful magazine cover from years gone by. Back in 1999 I received this "limited edition", one of a kind, cover of Parenting magazine. Personalized by my very own creative in house publisher! (Got to love Photoshop) You can imagine my surprise and delight when I saw my two boys (then 2 & 6) smiling  back at me.

The really fun part is experiencing the same joyful reaction this morning as I looked at the cover again. As much as I love the current "phase we're in", pangs from days gone by gently touched my heart.

I have a wooden bench, the seat lifts up & I store all my Mom memories. Drawing, scribbles, notes, pictures, and I'm sure even a few pressed "dandelions of love". All heartwarming memories of moments that have brought me to this very day. Nothing being tossed from there, that's for sure!

It's becoming clearer to me why cleaning, organizing, tossing and simplifying only happens a little "bit " at a time..... Obviously, I get caught up in the good stuff. You can't rush memories or happy tears......they deserve their own due time....and who am I to mess with a good thing?!

No comments: