Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Simply Smile......

 Contemplating this post I played around with a few ideas.....which translated means....started a few and quickly scrapped them. Nothing seemed just right. I then decided to read my emails and found today's quote from Gratefulness.org

" The source of a true smile is an awakened mind. Smiling helps you approach the day with gentleness and understanding". by Thich Nhat Hanh

 That's it I thought, I so believe in what this quote means. I'll write a brief post about the power of smiling....and then like some kind of divine verification out of my computer speakers came Nat King Cole's voice singing his rendition of Smile.

 Granted I was listening to Pandora Radio, it's not like the song appeared out of no where. But still that moment of fate was not lost on me. Once I begin to be aware of my surroundings and hear the whispers, so much opens up to me.

 OK so back to the power of smiling. Simply put I believe in it! Give this a try...next time you are sitting at a red light waiting for it to turn green...simply smile! Notice there is this quick split second of feeling happy, which yes just as quickly can turn to.... what the heck am I doing? Doesn't bother me though, I'm always up for silly fun that has the potential of spreading a little joy. The real thrill comes when you receive a smile back. That's extra points actually. How many points will you get today??

No comments: